Other things I nerd out on:
- deriving simplicity from seeming complexity
- symmetrical data, intuitive decision making, and speakable code
- communicating technical concepts to non-technical ears
- naming conventions, style guides, documentation
- beautiful data visualizations
- unix philosophy — separate all the concerns!
- discoverable UX, whether the user is in a browser or at the command line
- thoughtful, consistent, and friendly APIs
- designing frameworks for flexibility with a dash of opinion for speed
- git, vim, dotfiles, markdown, json, coffeescript, bash one-liners
- github ... changed my life
I currently live, work and play in downtown Los Angeles.